So far, so good!
Tuesday AM: 50-minute run
Wednesday PM: yoga
Thursday PM: 50-minute run
Today: rest
My training seems to be going well and I'm getting excited/nervous/scared/excited (in that order) for the upcoming half-marathon...9 days away! Tomorrow is my last long run and then I start the taper; I'm both looking forward to and dreading fewer miles next week. I enjoy the increase in free-time the taper allows, but I hate the overall physical feeling...kind of lethargic. And I believe I need two full days of rest before the big race.
This weekend will be centered around my 90minute run tomorrow and then cleaning the house like a mad woman! My MIL is coming for a 9 day visit at the end of next week, and I need to get the house in better shape. She will arrive a few days before the race, but I'm a little concerned that having an extra person around will kind of throw off my sleep pattern (note: we live in a one bedroom apartment...she'll be in the living room on an air mattress...it's the best we can do, I guess!). Plus, the race starts at 8am, so I'll want to be up pretty early to eat and get organized. She'll still be on West coast time...I think I'll head out to the race on my own and then my husband can come along with her at their leisure.
I'm a little concerned about re-fueling myself during the race. I don't carry water or snacks with me during my longer runs, but I know that I'll want to have something during the race. Dianna mentioned fruit-snacks as a pre-run snack...I tried a bag last night before my 6-mile run and I seemed to tolerate them okay. I think tomorrow I'll carry a bag or two along for the run. Temperatures tomorrow should be moderate, so I think I'll skip water. During the 10K last month, I grabbed a cup of water and mostly just swished out the cotton-mouth feeling. I will probably just see how I feel during the race with regards to water.
I also tried adding in a few more calories today...lately, I've been feeling a little run-down and moody. I didn't really up my calories when my mileage increased, so I think I'm mostly going on empty. Hopefully it will help! I hope everyone has a great Memorial day weekend :-)

1 Comments:
I ran my first half marathon last fall and it was wonderful. I didn’t eat anything along the route, but I did get water at the water stations. I guess it depends on each person. I am so excited for you. I’m sure you will do great!
Post a Comment
<< Home