Saturday, May 21, 2005

Yikes!

Wow...has it really been 5 days since my last post?! That's amazing considering I feel like this week dragged by. Now we're finally into the weekend...yay :-)
Today, I'm heading out (in about 1.5hrs) for my longest run ever: 85 minutes. I'm trying not to psyche myself out...thinking how truly *LONG* that is to be running. Still, without much fanfare and a little fear, I've decided to run the half-marathon in 2 weeks (am I crazy??). I really only missed a week of the training program (due to the knee pain)...so, I think I'll be okay for the half. We'll see :-)

An update on my training since my last post:
Mon-66minute run (approx.8 miles)
Tues-50minute run (approx 6 miles)
Wed-75minute yoga class
Thurs-10K on the treadmill (approx. 51min)
Fri-rest

In other news, I'm chopping my hair off Monday night...short, very short. Since no one has seen a picture of me (I'm a little paranoid about security/privacy online),take my word that this will be a drastic change. My hair is several inches below my shoulders...and I'm going short! I've been wanting to do this since before the wedding, promising myself once the big day was over, I was going to have the *big cut* done. Well, 8 months later, I'm finally getting around to it! It should be much easier to take care of (my hair is so thick, I have a hard time getting it to dry completely) and hopefully a much needed update!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Good luck to those with big runs on the schedule!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Riona said...

It sounds to me like you're in great shape for the half - go for it!

I chopped my hair off a few years ago and never ever regretted it. Long hair can be pretty but short hair is more chic, I think. Jo March would be proud of you.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

One thing that worries me about short hair is the need for more frequent hair cuts...I'm so cheap when it comes to things like that!

Love the comment about Jo March, too :-)

9:52 AM  
Blogger HouseRunner said...

Good luck with the half, sounds like you'll kick ass and take names.
I did the long to short hair cut a few years ago, and love it. everynow and then i pretend i'll let it grow out, and then it touches my shoulders, and CHOP CHOP.
my suggestion- buy some barrettes to keep that one annoying piece out of your eyes (unless you're going SUPER short.)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Riona said...

Also, make friends with hair goop - lots and lots of it, and lots of different types: you can be all frondy and pretty, or spiky and manga, whenever you like.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home