Outdoors!
I am feeling so fantastic right now...after 10 days, I finally got the nerve to run outside again! It felt wonderful to see a change in scenery, feel the warm sunshine, eat a few freshly-hatched bugs :-) My husband and I did a quick walk to warm-up and then we headed off down the road. He hasn't run in a few weeks (too much work!) and wanted a nice slow pace...great for me, too. We ran a loop in the neighborhood that's a little more than 3 miles. After about 20 minutes, I knew I needed to do a little more than just the loop. So, I left my husband (he wanted to head home) and I turned around and ran in the reverse direction...it felt great!
The only downside of leaving my husband to run solo was the two obnoxious people who decided to honk at me. Damn, I hate that! The first time I nearly jumped out of my skin...the second time I was ready with a piercing glare. That'll show them-
I did a fair amount of stretching after I got home...and then headed into the kitchen to make one of our favorite dinners: Chicken Mole. Yum, yum!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home