Tuesday, May 03, 2005

New Shoes...Again!

After a lot of pondering and subsequent bugging of my co-workers/husband/husband's co-workers, I decided that maybe my new shoes are the problem. I mean, really, 30 seconds into a run and my knee starts complaining?? And then, I put the shoes on this morning and came to work...and I swear my knee felt achey. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I was going insane with worry. I thought that if I was running in such a beat-up shoe for a year, and then to start running in a very stable shoe, my gait is likely to get thrown off...and that could mean a weird stress on my knee, right??

So, I went back to Fleet Feet during my lunch break...and was re-assessed by another employee. Still a little overpronation that will require a stability shoe...after trying on 4 different pairs, I settled on New Balance 766. They've gotten a lot of good reviews and I'm currently running in New Balance. So, hopefully (*fingers crossed*) my knee pain will vanish. The woman at the running store was also very nice and didn't make me feel like I was a worry-wort :-)

I'm afraid I'll be a little timid on my next run...I'm almost afraid to even think about going outside! I think I'll head down to our exercise room (it's in our apartment complex...very crappy equipment...but it's free!) and try out the treadmill first. Just a few miles in the new shoes...

I've also decided that I *MUST* do more stretching on my own...I go to a yoga class twice a week, and that really works wonders. But, I should do it after I run.

1 Comments:

Blogger April Anne said...

Your new sneakers look great. I love New Balance!!!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home