Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We made an offer!

Not much sleep was found in this household last night: we made an offer on a house! As first-time (potential) home-owners, everything is foreign and a bit overwhelming. I think we covered all the bases...still, it's quite scary to sign those documents.

I've been a running a bit here and there; I don't have a schedule...just fit it in when it works. Otherwise I keep myself entertained at the (free) gym next door; I like to plop down on the recumbant bike, grab a trashy magazine and crank the program to "hills." Keeps my mind off the stressful things! I have been diligent about stretching...especially the hip flexors. After only a few weeks of focusing on them, I can tell how much looser they are. Wonder if that was one of the problems last year with my hips?! Seems likely...

I also have two job interviews this week, but I haven't had much success in focusing on them. I don't know much about one of the positions and the other one, well, I don't think I'm qualified enough. Now I have to figure out how to maintain a positive attitude about my previous work :-)

Life is good right now...stressful, but good :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Hope all goes well with the new house. Life is good!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Mia Goddess said...

That's great news! I remember how weird it was when we signed the papers for our mortgage and I read, "Last payment: 2029". Holy cats! I almost passed out.

8:39 PM  
Blogger David said...

Now Mia, don't go giving her things to look for that will stress her even more!!! Geesh; we have a fragile yet happy person here. Think about all that former rent money that becomes equity!

The best things in life just happens.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Now when you say "trashy" are you talking just a little dirty or reeeeeaaaally offensive?

(you win a prize if you can place that semi-quote)

PS
Ewww, you have a spam comment on your blog. Their spam blog was deleted though. Losers.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home