Sunday, January 15, 2006

Settling in, yet unsettled...

Just returned from a run along the waterfront of Elliot Bay...a little windy, but a decent run. I now have two good routes to get in a run of about 30 minutes. I think I'm getting my running groove back! I did a good job of stretching (thanks, Dianna!) and now I'm working on the laundry.

My husband flew back to CT to finish up a few details at his old job...and I've been hanging around here alone, realizing I have a lot of free time on my hands. At first, it was a little destructive...when I'm bored and lonely, I eat. I think I was still trying to detox from the sugar-splurge of the holidays. But, I'm back on track with healthy eating, trying to remind myself that food is fuel, and that I feel like crap when I overload on carbs and sugar.

With this excess free time, I've also found myself more introspective: Who am I? What do I believe? What do I really want from life? I need some inspiration right now...maybe a book or movie recommendation? One thing I'm starting to realize about myself is that I really depend upon others for help...I no longer trust my ideas or judgement. I don't know when or where I lost that confidence, but I'm looking to get it back :-)

A post of jumbled thoughts...my mind is scattered today.

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

When I get introspective I find if I write something down it helps a lot. You could start by making some lists. Topics? That's your first list.
I am happy that you found your groove again and can go running.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I've been going through an introspective time as well and I think it has much to do with the beginning of a new year. Trust your judgement becasue it's still there.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home