I actually went...
Yesterday, I did it...I conquered my fear of the unknown and headed out on the road for a run. It turned out to be just what I needed :-)
So, we just started looking at houses to buy in the area of my husband's work...ummm, not gonna work (no joke: a 800 sq ft, built in 1910, not really updated, 2bed/1 bath...$319,000. We thought the bedrooms were breakfast nooks! And the house was barely considered liveable). We're gonna have to look quite a ways out of the city (ugly commute) for a home in our price range or consider a newer townhouse right off a busy road with an adult video store around the corner. Fun times! We went around with the realtor yesterday...and after having these amazing dreams of owning our first home, well, I had built up just the right amount of stress and anxiety to get me out on the road for a run.
It took me about 7 minutes to hike to the top of the hill (really big hills...kinda like San Fran). After that, I found a *perfect* road that loops around the hill, with great views of the water. I was able to do about 15 minutes of running before it started to get a little too hilly, so I turned around and headed back. All in all, a fantastic run...and it helped to work-out the anxiety that had built-up.

2 Comments:
Damn that's expensive housing out there, Sarah. Maybe you should just buy a Winnebago and drive it around town and live in parking lots. That's crazy. Hope you find something soon.
And with all those hills out there, you are going to have some great race legs. Although the first work outs might be rough, after that you'll be the speed queen again.
You'll be a little mountain goat in just a few months, no doubt!
I don't envy you having to deal with the west coast housing market...it's insane, that's all. Good luck, and the most important thing is to never talk yourself into *having* to do something. Take your time!
Post a Comment
<< Home