Drippy
Yoga yesterday was about as good as it's gonna get for now! The instructor was great, the intensity was good...the only downfall is that it's held in a workout room at the gym. I have difficulty getting my mind to float since there's people on cardio machines visible through the windows and general "gym noise" going on all around. But, it's free...and right now that's a great thing :-)
See, my husband and I have different spending styles...he's very cautious (without intention, really...he just doesn't "require" much)...and I like my occasional splurges (a diet pop, a cup of coffee, some sort of little treat here-and-there). And along with other reasons, we have separate checking accounts; but, now that I'm truly "un-employed," my checking account is not having that nice lump deposited 2x a month. So, "free yoga" (when most classes cost $15 each!)...a good thing. Granted, I could ask for an "allowance" or something...but that seems wierd, right?! 5 dollars a week for my treats?! In Seattle, that may cover my coffee budget for a day or two :-)
I had glorious intentions of running outside today...I even bought a baseball cap at the store to keep the rain out of my eyes (didn't plan ahead too well when selecting my 2-month "temporary wardrobe" b/c almost everything we own is in storage!). But, the light showers of the last few days turned into "true rain" and I chickened out. I would have been a sight since my current running attire consists of shorts/wind pants and a cotton T-shirt. Sure, I could go buy better gear...but, as mentioned above...no money coming in means I have to be cautious about my purchases. On a related note: resume is finalized and job applications will be tackled tomorrow! Luckily I have several good prospects!
One more thing...anyone have thoughts/comments on buying a home? Things you wished you'd done differently?

4 Comments:
Re: running in our weather...and don't take it the wrong way..but you have to SUCK IT UP. It will rain and drizzle and poop on your head here for the next four months. Trust me....waiting for a nice day....is not an option. I like the wicking shirts for running in our weather because you warm up and keep a little drier. Sorry to 'rain on your parade' as it were..ohy yeah and WELCOME TO THE NORTHWEST....it' really kinda wet here. sorry.
wow! a free yoga class, now that's a bargain! Moving and settling in can be extremely stressful, even the pets get traumatized. Wishing you the best.
Rule #1: Never buy a house that's on fire.
Did I do that joke already? Its still true though.
Go see the house in the day and at night. We went for a second look at night one time and discovered it was near a factory that dumped stuff into the air at night and it stunk horribly!
Oh, and remember, everything you tell your agent (no matter what (s)he says) is told immediately to the sellers.
And have the radon checked, even though the test doesn't mean anything over just two days. If it reads anything, buy a real-time detector (online for $95), it will give you peace of mind knowing the levels are safe. Nobody likes lung cancer.
Have a Real Estate Attorney look over the agreement. Its worth the money if they catch a fatal mistake.
Oh yeah, and don't buy a house with a stupid barking dog next door. We did it twice. They suck. Unless you are close enough to use the outdoor wall-mounted Dazer. Then go for it because it will be alot of fun. :)
How many bedrooms? Gonna start a family? Need an office at home? Is there enough storage space for stuff? Is there natural light or is it dark inside?
Spend the $ and have a home inspector give you a report on the place that you get serious about, if it's old, unless one of you has a sense for that stuff. Google "home buying tips."
Post a Comment
<< Home