Thursday, November 17, 2005

He shoots, he scores (well, probably)!!

The official job offer should arrive today via FedEx...lucky for me, I'm taking the day off from work to await it's arrival :-) It's all been such a blur these last few weeks...everything felt like it was just falling into place, and then, something clicked inside of me, and I went down a deep, dark hallway for a few days. I'm not good with letting things move as they will; I need that sense of control. I kept feeling like it was just TOO right, too perfect...something was going to blow-up in our faces. My husband finally said, "Sarah, good things DO happen, you know." He's right...I've been concentrating so hard on keeping my excitement and anticipation at bay that I was getting overly negative and discouraged. But, we've turned a promising corner and from here on out, I'm gonna just go with the flow :-)

Perhaps this whole thing has been a little confusing...I try to keep a lot of personal info off this blog. But, seeing as how my running has slipped into more of an occasional treat than a daily obsession, I haven't had much else to write about. Plus, I feel like I've really connected with some of you, both online and in person...at least I won't really have to say "Good-bye" :-) Well, except to the Connecticut RBF...and that makes me a little depressed. I had so much fun this summer, meeting up for runs, races, dinners and wine :-) It really helped keep my head above water while I was out here, all the while, desperate to get back West.

So, Seattle, here we come! Riona...I'm gonna need any and all running-related info from you (as well as neighborhood advice!). I had such a FANTASTIC time when I was there a few days ago...and to think we'll be back before the holidays (they want him there in 4 weeks!!!).

Okay...this post doesn't have much direction...I'll sign-off and just wait for the FedEx delivery-person. And then, maybe if it's still light and not too cold, I'll sneek in a run before heading into work :-)

10 Comments:

Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

That's exciting news! Congrats to your husband. You'll have to go back to CT for next year's Hartford half-marathon and RBF extravaganza. Good luck with things!

8:08 AM  
Blogger David said...

Alleluia. Everybody's happy; especially us for you and Mr. All! Four weeks, huh? That's mid-November and a western holiday season. I sure hope it is full of blessings and fun.
Don't forget to run. And leave one thing behind in CT so you can come back next year for it and the New Haven race.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Riona said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Happy happy joy joy! This is exciting news ~ I love an adventure. Seattle is so fun, and they have an enormous and highly celebrated half and marathon, in fact, I think it's in November each year. So you have that to look forward to also!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Jank said...

Sniff, sniff -

But hooray for new jobs! Only been out Seattle way once or twice, but, boy did I like it. All of the good of New England (hills, moderate climate, water) amplified, as if jazzed on espresso; but without the post-industrial detritus and territorialism.

Congrats again.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Congratulations! Don't worry about being a little "personal" in your blogs every now and then. All of these life events have tremendous bearing on how you work out and run. That's wonderful news! I hopw the Fed Ex delivery has happened already, and there's no more waiting around! Happy day!

Irene

12:33 PM  
Blogger Riona said...

I like blogs that include personal content, they make me feel more connected.

Sarah, we'll have to meet up for a run and / or drinks when you get here!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Congrats on the move! The west will welcome you!

4:01 PM  
Blogger HouseRunner said...

ok, how about an update!!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Riona said...

Are you here yet? Happy new year!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home