Saturday, January 28, 2006

An Update for Susie :-)

Things went from 0-to-60 in no time! I had two job interviews in two days, we think we have "mutual acceptance" on the offer for our home (still waiting for one last piece of paperwork to be faxed...our realtor assures us that it's a deal...I'm waiting for proof!), and I have a phone interview this afternoon! And I have a follow-up interview next week! Agh!

These interviews are stressssfullll! The last one involved a lot of "pop quizzes" on biochemistry as we were chatting...holy-crap! I haven't thought about that stuff in several years :-) I think I did a pretty good job, considering.

Today's phone interview should be equally intense. I have 4 more hours to get my mind out of "buying a house mode" and back into "science mode." Luckily I don't have to dress-up today and I can have a few cheat-sheets near by for questions :-)

I hit the treadmill yesterday for a longish run...I made it 35 minutes before my mind went numb. I'm having a hard time accepting that I can't run 7:30-7:45 minute-miles anymore...I push too much and run out of steam! At least when I'm outdoors running, I have no idea what my pace is...I think it's just the hills that do me in :-)

And everyone think great thoughts for David...he's running a marathon! Go, David, go!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Well, the interviews sound promising and even more important, the house deal is closing up. Buying/selling a house is a nightmare.

And don't be worrying about the pace. It will come back soon enough. You were born to run. :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Jank said...

I'm with Jon - moving is such a nightmare. Stuff expands to fill all space available.

12:10 PM  
Blogger David said...

Billy is right about the space stuff. Moving is a nightmare but you probably haven't even unpacked much yet anyway.
I hope the house deal all works out by the time you get this.
Evern moreso I hope the job is something YOU want not just the first one that makes you an offer. Know what I mean? Think about where you were....

6:35 PM  
Blogger April Anne said...

We need another update! :) How are things going for you?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home