Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's been 4 days since the race and I'm ready to run again...too bad the weather doesn't seem to want to let up! It's been raining pretty much non-stop since Saturday; I'd like to get out for a nice, easy jog tomorrow night if it's not too bad. Yesterday I tried to loosen-up my tight calves with 15min on the recumbent bike and a 20min walk on the treadmill. Tonight, for once in a very long time, I'm actually craving yoga, so I hope it will be a good class.

I don't have any definite running plans for the next few months. I kept threatening that after I finished running the half in Hartford, I was going to take a break from running. I think I was tired of my life revolving around my training schedule...especially weekends. I'm curious to see how long I last without a "plan;" if I'll have myself back in training before the start of next week :-)

Also, on a non-running front, my husband has a VERY IMPORTANT job interview in less than two weeks. Anyone have any good advice on how to pack or travel with a business suit?? Should we get a garment bag or just fold it carefully in the suitcase? What about his shirt? I'll take any pointers :-)

I hope everyone is recovering well from their races...or enjoying their last few weeks of tapering!

Thanks again for all the congrats for my race...and I found out that I didn't do too bad in my age-category either :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Hugh Harris-Evans said...

I just came across your blog; cool is the only word for it. This may be of interest to you, it's all about Online Degrees. If you like what you find, why not tell a friend?

1:52 PM  
Blogger brent said...

i'd say if i had a choice i would use the garment bag over packing it in the suitcase. i have used a garment bag, and right now i have a bag that has a suit section (you lay the suit and shirt down and then it sort of folds/clips up on the inside of the bag.
http://www.tumi.com/travel_luggage/t3/category_search/transporter_24_expandable_wheeled_packing_case_with_suiter/product_detail/index.cfm?fuseaction=image&ModelID=62743&bb_id=&Sku=62743&view=Axlrg&sub_site_ID=13&TMI_PD_Link=DetailShot

either way, assuming it will only take xzy hours to get there, you'll be able to iron it again the night before. when i'm really paranoid about looking spiffy, i will iron the suit/shirt before i pack it and again when i get to the hotel. those are only for the super important meetings though, hehe. otherwise i admit that i will pack wrinkled stuff and just iron it when i get there. ok wow this is no doubt way more info that you were looking for!! wish him luck i'm sure he will do great!!

6:07 PM  
Blogger April Anne said...

Today was my first run since Saturday (with my running class) and it was in the rain–go figure! We just can’t get enough of it. :) Good luck to your husband!!

6:19 PM  
Blogger David said...

You have more packing advice than you need. Both work. If you don't have a garment bag the lining out fold into a bag is good. The other otpion is to wear it.
I am so glad your off the training tread mill and still thinking about running. That's promising. We need you out there. All the greyhounds need a bunny to chase and you are our speedy bunny.

6:42 PM  
Blogger David said...

Good grief. What poor spelling and grammar I used in my post.
What's this about moving?????
Do I now need to find a race in Montana to run?

7:04 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I have had best luck with a good garment bag, i.e. one that is a bit stiff. As far as running thoughts I was already signed up two post-marathon races before I even ran my marathon. One I finished already, the second I'm regretting and my calendar for the next month will be rearranged a bit - I need to slow down a little before I start training for my next marathon (probably March 2006) around the end of November.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Running Chick said...

Dude. What susie said! 5th place in your age group -- out of 126!!! That's just awesome!! Wow!

Garment bag. Iron at the hotel. Or consider a small travel steamer.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Jank said...

What they said - about the amazing, and the garment bag.

Rain sucks.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I haven't been to your blog in a while... Looks like you've been really busy with training! Good luck to your hubbie and his job interview. Take care!

~Irene

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home