Thursday, June 02, 2005

3 days and counting...

Only a few days left before the race and I'm getting pretty excited (with a "hint" of nerves thrown in). I completed my final run on the training program this morning; it left a lot to be desired. Most of my shorter runs have been in the afternoon/evening, and I generally have a good amount of energy. However, the runs on Tuesday and today have been first thing in the morning (due to evening commitments) and I didn't enjoy them one bit! I had heavy legs and no energy...I think I definitely need food in my system before I run. Luckily, I've been eating about 1.5hrs before my long runs, so I think that strategy should work for Sunday...we shall see!

So, besides the lack of energy during today's run, I had my second run-in with abdominal cramping! Ugghh...without going into to much detail, I hope it was simply a case of my body being, umm, "off-schedule." After breakfast/COFFEE, well...I felt better :-) Hope that wasn't TMI. So, instead of running 3miles, I only made it to 2mi before I had to stop from the pain. Just a little extra rest for the legs, I guess :-)

Anyways, thank you for all the good wishes! I think it will go well, but if it doesn't, at least I have a few more races to look forward to this year :-) And in case I don't update before Sunday, all the best to those of you with races this weekend, too!

6 Comments:

Blogger warren said...

Best of luck!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Good luck, Sarah! You'll do great!

And are those morning runs on a morning following a run the afternoon before? I found those tend to be a little more sluggish for me.

Rest now. Have your spaghetti. :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Running Chick said...

Good luck! Can't wait to read your race report...that's one of the races I look at each year, but just haven't gotten around to checking it out!

Run smooth and strong!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Riona said...

Best of luck, Sarah! I'm looking forward to hearing what you're doing.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Run strong and have a great time!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Noames said...

Thinking of you today. Hope you're running strong, and I can't wait to hear all about it.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home