Thursday's Child
Happy Thursday! Today on the training schedule is 4 miles and I brought my running gear to work with me for the first time. There is a marked 5K loop around a reservoir just a few minutes down the road from my workplace. Hopefully, I'll fuel up around 3:30pm and head over to run 4 (maybe 6?) miles after work. I'm needing a new routine to keep me interested...normally, I just head home (a 15 minute commute), strap on the shoes/watch/iPod shuffle and head out the door to run around the neighborhood. Yet, the 4 mile stretch I have mapped out requires me to cross 2 VERY busy roads at rush hour. Luckily, there are stop lights with crosswalks, but I swear after I push the button to cross, I have to wait 3 minutes before I can cross! I start to feel all self-concious in front of the people sitting in their cars... and I know they get a little irritated when they have to wait just a little bit longer at the red light for me to run across the street! So, the reservoir loop should be a nice change of pace.
Yoga last night was just what I needed! I had my first 10K on Sunday, and my legs were feeling pretty sore/tight. Last night's class really helped loosen me back up!

3 Comments:
Welcome to the family Sarah! I hope we get a chance to cross paths before New Haven...it's so cool to have so many Nutmeggers in the RBF.
You should tell us more about your running career...how long you've been at it, what brought you to running, etc. I love to read about other people's running-journeys.
Yay, Sarah, we've sucked you into our blogging world! (cue organs and evil laughter).
Can't wait to read all about ya.
i love the yoga too. in fact having a yogathon for runners fundraiser while i'm training for my first marathon!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home