September 1st already?!
It's hard to sit down and write after so much time has passed (was it only a week?)...kind of like trying to catch-up with a friend that you haven't seen in awhile :-)
I've been consistent in my running over the past week and followed the schedule pretty much to a "T" (where does that phrase come from?). I have one last run before Monday's big race, a short 3-miler tomorrow. This past weekend's long run (11+ miles) was great...I actually carried some fruit snacks along and plopped a few in my mouth about 45 minutes into the run. I had completely forgotten that during my earlier training, I had always taken some sweet treat (jelly beans, fruit snacks) along when my runs were over 70 minutes. So, actually feeling good after the run really re-charged my excitement for racing! New Haven, here I come :-)
This coming weekend will be filled with lots of "good things" (but, not Martha Stewart-style). Friday I have a long, hellacious day at work...but it will pass quickly. Because I'll be away so much on Sun/Mon for race day festiviites, I'm making Saturday "Spend Quality Time with Husband" day. First is a breakfast date at Panera, followed by a few hours of work (both of us), and then a movie date...there's a movie coming out this weekend (which I'm not going to mention...I've already gotten a lot of grief from co-workers) that he's been dying to see since an earlier one was made (dang...did that give it away?!). We'll either do dinner out at one of our favorite restaurants (Thai) or I'll make something yummy at home (safer...don't want food issues before Monday). Either way, Saturday will be a fun day for the both of us.
Sunday and Monday will be all about the running! the RBFers! the race! the fun!
More to come :-)

6 Comments:
The RBF'rs! The Race! Yippie!
In my case, Saturday and Sunday are all about "let the wife get some sanity from the boys", since I'm sinking Monday.
But, they might come along and go see dinosaurs while I run. We'll see.
4 more days! 4 more days!
:)
Have fun at movie night. What do your co-workers know? I did see a review that gave it .5 star out of 4 stars. That's not too bad..
It's the quality time that matters most anyway...
Have a great time and an even better race! I'm envious.
Enjoy the weekend, Sarah. Things have been insane for me too. It's really important you're taking the time.
Good luck!
Enjoy the quality time and the movie. Have a great time at the race.
Post a Comment
<< Home