RBF Meeting
Well, I'm finally getting around to writing about the amazing time I had on Tuesday night. I was eagerly anticipating the day and kept watching the clock at work; I left at 3:15pm and was on the road by 3:30pm, giving me plenty of time for the trip down, even if traffic was tight. So far, so good...and then about 15 minutes into the trip, I hit a back-up of cars. I then remembered that there's a stop-light on Rt. 9...totally makes sense to bring cars to a screeching halt on a two-lane highway with a 65MPH speed-limit, right?! Anyways, I made it to Bluff Point about 30 min early. I changed in my car and decided to walk around a bit, feeling a little residual tightness from the race and previous day's run.
When I first saw Dianna get out of her vehicle, I knew it was her...the orange visor gave it away :-) We had a brief chat and then she headed-off to use the facilities. Next up was David and Susan...they pulled up and I gave them my best "Hi, I'm Sarah!" grin. Dianna returned and we chatted a little, but I was so excited to finally be meeting members of the RBF, I can't remember a word of what we talked about...well, except my remark on what type of product to use to remove "skunkiness" from dogs (nice comment, Sarah). We waited a bit longer, and after a few back and forth calls on the cell phone, Jank and his adorable son, Jake, arrived.
We started up the trail...and I kept worrying about how I was doing with the whole group-run-thing. Being my first time ever running with a group, I was concentrating on trying to avoid cutting people off, keeping a good, comfortable pace, chatting with my new buddies. Out the window went my focus on form, time, everything...honestly, I knew we were somewhere near water, but I don't know if I remember really seeing it :-) All in all, it was a wonderful run on a trail that I must visit again!
We finished-up the gathering over BBQ hamburgers/salads/chips. Thanks for sharing the food, guys :-) The night came to a finish much too early; I could have stayed and chatted for hours, but we all needed to get going. I drove back home, thinking about how truly easy the night was...it all seemed so natural, so comfortable to be with these "freshly-made" friends. I can hardly wait to meet up with them again :-) And I think there's more RBFers I'll get to meet in New Haven...yay!
I make my internet photo debut over on Susan's site...click here to see her pictures from the night!

3 Comments:
What a great-sounding day. It must have been so much fun to meet people whose blogs you read every day.
Yay!! It sounds like all of you had such a nice time!!
sounds like good times!
thanks for the comment today, heh.
Post a Comment
<< Home