Thursday, July 07, 2005

I can't believe how quickly the week is flying by...it's almost Friday! I'm getting pretty excited for the race on Saturday morning; they changed it from a 5K/10K (last year's races) to a combined 5Miler. It is a completely unfamiliar race distance to me: I've run 2 5Ks, 1 10K and the half. I've given myself a goal time of 37:30 which averages out to a 7:30pace. That might be too much of a reach...I think my pace for the 10K was around 7:39, and I didn't feel so hot after that race. I just need to remember to go out a little slower than I want...that really helped in the half.

The weather has been decent the last few days, but we'll be getting the remnants of Cindy tomorrow night and on into Saturday morning. Hopefully the rain will taper off by 8am :-)

I ran a pretty decent 3 miles early Tuesday morning, went to my weekly yoga class last night, and will take today/tomorrow off as rest days. I think there's a few people racing this weekend (Jeff, Diana, Lara, Jack, etc.) so GOOD LUCK to all of you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

In the 7 range is something I will never fathom... I think it's so cool that you can do that. My best is 8 without pain... Anyway, have a really good run on Saturday! I'm sure you'll surprise yourself!
Irene

4:02 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

I really like the 5 mile race distance - when I have the sense to pace myself properly :)

Good luck and have fun!!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Good luck in the race, Sarah! I think you'll do great. If your 10K pace was 7:39, then 7:30 should be just fine for the 5 miler, assuming the same terrain. You probably will go faster than you think.

Good luck!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Have a great race! You do great, a race will do that for you!

8:31 PM  
Blogger David said...

I'll be thinking about you Saturday morning while you're running. I'll be going my own five miles with you. I promise you'll beat me to the finish line.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home