Saturday, July 09, 2005

Two tidbits of exciting news! (and lots of exclamation points)

Okay, I'm posting these in chronological order, not in order of importance! I can't decide which one is "awesomer" (translate: more awesome) than the other :-)

1) First off, today's race: I mentioned in my last post that my goal time was 37:30 (7:30 pace). I thought I could probably run faster, but given that I don't really know my training distances, I don't have a handle on my pace for those runs. So, 7:30 seemed like a good ballpark...plus, I've never raced 5 miles; only 3.1, 6.2, and 13.1.

So, official time?? 36:00. No joke?! That works out to a 7:12 pace! Holy, moly...I've been floating on the clouds since the race ended this morning :-) And, to top it off, I placed 2nd in my age group. The awards were pretty cool: I got a magnet! I'll list my splits below, because I don't want to delay reporting my next piece of information...are you ready?!

2) Tuesday night, I get to run with members of the RBF!! David, Dianna, Jank, and Susan!! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas everytime I think about it :-) I'm excited (I mean, come on, who wouldn't be), nervous (I've never really run with other people/I'm a little shy/I may have to fight some nasty traffic), and thankful (that there are people out there who have the same passion as I do/that my husband is letting his young wife drive alone to another part of the state to meet 4 "strangers" from the Internet). So, you can look forward to a great post about the encounter :-) And then...it's only a few short weeks (8) until the New Haven Road Race!

Wow...sorry for the excessive use of punctuation in that post.

Approximate splits: I started ~2 feet from the start line, so I think my watch and the official clock were pretty close. I, of course, forgot to stop the watch at the finish line.
M1: 7:29
M2: 7:17
M3: 7:07
M4: 7:09
M5: 6:58!

13 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

WOW!! Huge congratulations - you totally rocked that race! Great job!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger brent said...

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang thats so fast!!! i love it! rockin', great race!
everybody gets to meet up, boohoo. heh. it sounds so fun, i will have to live through you all since i'm stuck on an ice planet. (well its hot here right now).

10:52 AM  
Blogger Running Chick said...

Holy speedy-feet! What a fabulous race time! I can only dream of running that fast for 5 miles!

Kudos to you Sarah!

And I can't wait for Tuesday!

4:39 PM  
Blogger David said...

Holy moly, indeed. You are lightning on molded nylon and synthetics. How does she do that????
Well, I am also looking forward to Tuesday too but, like Susan, I am encouraging you to approach this little jaunt as a jog-and-chat because we will be waving bye bye to you if you go as fast as you are! Bring a camera.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

WOW! Excellent time! That's a super speedy pace! You were haulin' it in that one.

Congratulations on bringing home the hardware!

8:41 AM  
Blogger warren said...

Very fast indeed! Congrats on the huge PR, and on the sub-7:00 last mile!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I got to meet some RBF members this weekend and it is awesome. Holy Pete your fast!!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

niec blog

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Wow, you make me feel like an old slow grandpa in comparision. Oh wait, I am a grandpa;) Way to rock! Have fun with the Great Northeast RBF meet!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Jank said...

Totally speedy on the race.

And thanks for making the trek down here - it was great to put a face with words.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Woah! You're one fast lady! I go that fast in my dreams... Congrats on the second place honor! I'm amazed that you had times in the 6's... I'm in awe!
Irene

8:38 AM  
Blogger Riona said...

You ran an amazing race! Under 7 minutes - fantastic job! Go on ya good thing!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

EXCELLENT time! Your nickname should be Speedy Gonzales.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home